Wednesday 17 December 2008

Beginnings

I suppose I should have to thank the 2007/2008 Scottish Cup Fourth Round for the creation of this blog. You see, the draw for this competition has thrown up a few rather tasty ties. The first, and probably most important, of which is the big Edinburgh derby between Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian. Secondly, there's St Johnstone, flying high in the First Division, against Rangers who are struggling to keep up the pace in the SPL. In addition to these tasty ties, there's also a potentially massive Ayrshire derby between Ayr United and Kilmarnock (provided Ayr get past Lochee in the replay.)

One of my best friends is a St Johnstone fan, so going to that game was always on the cards. I also fancied going to the Edinburgh derby as well, provided I could get myself a ticket, and a derby match between two clubs who hardly meet nowadays is too good an opportunity to pass up. In England, there's the 92 club which charts the progress of those who wish to visit every league ground in England. I've always wanted to do this, but living in Edinburgh limits where I can feasibly go (and I've already done Carlisle). So I thought why not do the same, but with league grounds in Scotland? Hence this blog.

Scotland's not as big, but less well connected by trainlines, so some grounds may have to wait a while. I'm also not really a virgin in terms of Scottish league grounds - I've already been to Easter Road, Tynecastle, Meadowbank and Hampden. But still, there's plenty left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment